View Single Post
Old 20-09-2018, 07:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelant
When the 1st organism moved independently within 3D space, it was the first occurrence in the universe up to that moment in time, that an atom of matter had moved independent of any external 3rd force influencing it. The new universe which was created by the organism by moving an atom of inanimate matter at the tip of it's flagella, was the first time that a new universe was created with an increased level of complexity which included the accommodation of the existence of life as an intrinsic part of that universe.
Though 'organisms' do have some properties that 'inanimate' ones don't, I hardly see how their movement is 'independent'. After all their existence is fully dependent on the complexity level which is defined as the number of possible interconnections (AKA intelligence). Therefore organisms can move simply by external forces conveyed by through these connections?? In a sense higher complexity represents more 'adjacency' and thus more sources of force.

Basic biology experiments can cause movement of animal parts simply by applying a brief electric pulse. Why is the organism on its own any different? I would think that the essence of 'organism' it that it consists not just of inanimate matter but also of force. So a living thing is an inanimate thing that can redirect force internally. Though cleverly redirected, that force ultimately came from an external source (i.e. consuming energy sources, food). The additional property of organisms is force redirection, not movement independent of external forces.