View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 11:45 PM
InCarna

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyChris71
This is my personal view. I am spiritual but not religious. I feel our church can be in our heart and soul rather than a man made building. I believe in God. I also believe from my upbringing that alot of evil and hypocrocy hides out in the church. My family and mom is like this. My mother has been a horrible excuse for a parent. My mother's solution is to run away to church when confronted and continue to live in denial. I know many others like my mother. Yet I also know I could not have survived my hard life and gotten this far without a spiritual force I call God. I am open to others religous views when they don't cause me harm or are not used as a control tactic.

my spirituality is very similar to this, i dont see why I have to be in a church or religion of any kind in order to commune with spirit. I read lots of stuff from lots of religions and take bits of wisdom here and there and leave other bits, but i won't ever be a part of any one religion, ever. i'm just not interested in religiosity, it's far too rigid for me. unfortunately it also means its hard to tell people what I believe when it comes up because everyones so used to classifying spirituality based on these religions lol. oh well, I'm just me!