View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 12:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindu*
Perhaps the best method of worshipping Shakti /Divine Mother...

..is:

To regard every form, thought or emotion inner or outer as an aspect of
Her.

--------------------------------------------------------

Pratyabhijna Hridyam

Sutra 1

1. "Chiti hi svatantra visva siddhi hethuhu"
The independent (svatantrā) Śakti or Supreme Power (citiḥ) (is) the cause (hetuḥ) of manifestation, maintenance and dissolution (siddhi)1 of the universe (viśva)

Sutra 2

"2 Sva icchaya sva bhittau visvam unmilay-ati"

Through Her own (sva) Will (Power) - icchā, She unfolds (unmīlayati) the universe (viśvam) on Her own (sva) Canvas
Namaste.

That's wonderful Bindu.

It's a bit difficult for a full-on Shiv Bhakta to worship the Divine Mother after noting everything is Shiva, with Shakti only a manifestation of the Saguna aspect of Brahman and the challenge for me this Navaratri has been to try and find my own personal 'workable model' of the Divine Goddess.

So, I started out with Ardhanarishwara and I could accept that. I could accept the Goddess as being Shive (or the feminine form of Shiva) and yet I wanted to go deeper, so I went into the whole Shri Yantra and made it my avatar.

The triangles pointing downward represent Shiva, as the energies flowing down from the Crown Chakra and the triangles pointing upwards are the energies from the Goddess, flowing upwards from Muladhara and thus, I worship the Goddess in the forms of Lakini, Dakini, Makini and Kundalini herself! The latent power existing within us all and everything is just a representation of Her!

So, with that I went back to joyfully reading Adi Shankara's Soundarya Lahari again.

Om Namah Shivay