View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 08:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
I have to disagree in a general way if it does not include understanding, awareness and as you said clarity. I look at people and find they express what they think, obviously what we call good and bad. The idea of consciousness is not enough. What about people who chooses and acts negatively in my view when, say anger is expressed by them, and not you. Is this not consciousness that takes physical form. What about a bully that taunts a person? Am I really dealing with my own consciousness here. I guess in a way when I say stop it but I don't think you mean that. (Bullying should not happen and this my point, yet it does) It is that which should not happen that does. Consciousness includes physical manifesting that agrees with consciousness in the form of violence say. How am I dealing with my own consciousness then. By telling a person to stop. What if I am forced by another's, not my consciousness, but an expressed consciousness I don't do. Using your philosophy for a time I tried remaining neutral to things just knowing having an awareness of thought which should not have taken place pointing it out, but whether one is neutral or not will take place. You are part of it, you are drawn into the drama of others. Others are part of it, others drawn in, this is especially true in groups. Groups do things as an individual they would not, it's crazy. Yes, at some time people will have to deal with what they have said and done but in a future context, reflecting, meditating, and so on when it is found and one will have to explain it. It is at this time they will see and deal with it. I saw this one day happening. You are talking in the future tense versus the moment. We are such emotional creatures. I think you mean realization! I'm thinking in terms of power and control which I have seen. Are you at all talking about making a choice?
Thank you for your response, an excellent observation depending on one’s perspective. Yes, I agree “consciousness does take physical form” but that does not make it any less consciousness; it might be said that consciousness is the foundation of physical form.

Expressed consciousness is no less consciousness no more than sunlight is a part of the sun. I believe that we attract people and things into our lives by what is contained within our sphere of consciousness; as there is really no such thing as “individual consciousness“ but there is the illusion of separateness; a creation fragmented into comprehensive diversity, that can be said to be a tapestry, but in my opinion seems more like a melting pot, or more accurately a merging pot.

If someone sends me a distasteful expression I can react or be proactive; and my first reaction is usually to ask myself “what part of this do I own, and what part of this is just here for my further education?" Now distasteful expressions can be painful, brutal, and even deadly. I am protected by my inner light; I have seen this develop in me over the decades, where I am moved to go left instead of going right, or have been in situations where there was a lot of angst and disgust on the outside while I was feeling the very sweet and rich feeling of love within, and that love came thru me and helped to transform those people who had that angst and disgust.

I do not believe that “truth” is something which we should agree upon; rather truth is something, in my opinion, which we should experience for ourselves; yes, I am somewhat of a Gnostic. Nothing in this life is personal, but everything is subjective, and yet we all have “personal” power, a power which most people just give away or neglect. What most people do most of their life is compare and contrast something with something else; which means most people go through life reacting to life; without realizing that they may be creating mental constructs that will dictate behavior.

We live and have our being in the moment; the eternal now; as it is always now and when 8:pm gets here it will be “now.” We are a process in progress going through an illusive transformation, seemingly in time and space, but actually always fixed firmly in the here and now; as experience takes place in the moment. Any concepts about the future are but mental constructs, as mental images create memories of the past. In my opinion the moment is really all there is; everything thing else is but a dance of shadow and light.