Thread: UFO photography
View Single Post
Old 17-03-2017, 05:43 PM
Experiencer
HI everyone again!

Like I promised I am continuing with this thread. I went out again last sunny day, and took some rapid photos of the sky and clouds. The pictures this time are not really good, but I am still sharing them, because I think its important to share everything, until things get clearer.

I was using again nikon d3300 with a very cheap Sigma 70-300m lens. Bought this one to be able to get closer pictures of the crafts, but not sure if it does the job any better than kit lens I got with my Dslr. Off course all pictures were taken pointing in the sky, without any of the stuff actually visible to me at that time. I took about 300 pictures and had to check everyone after it, to see if I cough anything, which is a lot of work. I was able to catch something never the less.

1. the original photo.

I centred my camera on the blue sky in between the 2 cloud lines. Took about 11 photos in the course of 2 maybe 3 seconds. On all of the this thing was visible. I admit this one doesn't look like anything, and I myself suspect it could be some bug, fly or something, even though I am not sure if it is possible. I had my lens on 70mm while taking the pictures with focus on infinity, which you can see because trees up front are out of focus. If it was bug it had to be quite a big one in my opinion. Sadly I don't have yet enough experience to determine that, and because it is a shot of the sky I have a hard time determining how far the objects is. Maybe I just caught the flight of a bumble bee xD haha

This is the original image, without zoom or crop. It can be seen here, but it takes some time. Next image is the combined crops of an object at different locations through the pictures I took. It travelled from top to bottom.

one of the pictures with zoom:

even more zoom:

edit: Remembered to also add one with the zoom on the same pic

Like I said. Could be a bug. Not sure =) But that's the beauty of it I guess, the picture is my original and I can vouch for it not being a set up or an intentional fake. It is just something I was able to caught while shooting. If someone has more photography knowledge and is able to comment whether you can get a picture of a bug like that at 70mm focused on infinity, that would be interesting. In the mean time I have one more to share from the same day. I guess I will also try taking a photo of small objects, probably bug sized at the same settings, to see it it could be done. Pretty sure its not a bird, since the wings would be noticeable. Took quite some photos of them.