View Single Post
Old 24-10-2017, 08:43 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Kerubiel ask the rhetoric question of "Who doesn't want to be loved?" I would suggest probably many people if they really understand what authentic love is. I visualize authentic love as being a bestowal of grace. Sort of like the Christian debate of whether salvation is obtained by grace or by works. I tend to think that a lot of people who say they desire love really mean they desire to viewed as 'worthy' of love......a sub-conscious acknowledgement that love should result via works. If instead I view authentic love emanating from an act of grace I realize that all of my faults have been laid bare or made visible or logically assumed and that any subsequent love has been made possible by forgiveness. At my age, I tend to have more certainty of the love that I feel for others rather than the love that I feel from others. Do not misinterpret me.......perceived and felt love is wonderful but is not absolutely required by me. Maybe what I am perceiving as being love from others could possibly be just admiration, agreement etc. Maybe they do not know me deeply enough to be aware of my faults, shortcomings, etc. and have not been moved to the point of forgiveness to me.

Thats rather beautiful. Thank you for sharing. I agree forgiveness is an act of love and can be given freely to anyone who has wronged us. I try not to look at people's shortcomings, but try to bring out the best in people. I think by complimenting and believing in people's virtues and strengths can in fact make them stronger and better people.