View Single Post
Old 18-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Deactivated Account
spider symbolism?

Can seeing spiders symbolise something about my life or is this pure co-incidence? As some of you know and I won't go into again, I'm going through a profound change after a series of losses and entering a new phase of my life. I've also been experiencing a lot of equipment failure in my house!

Coming back to spiders, it started a few nights ago when I was feeling ill during the night and I hallucinated a spider running over my sheets. I leapt out of bed, yelled and frantically shook myself and the sheets before waking up to full consciousness and realising I'd dreamed or imagined it.

Then on Thursday morning I walked into my bathroom to find a dead spider lying at the bottom of my bath. I have problems getting the plug out of the bath due to the chain being lost, so I often have to wait until the water cools down before I can remove it. This can sometimes mean the next day if I bath late. This was what happened here. I managed to remove the plughole and used the shower head to swish the spider's corpse down the plughole. I then put the plug back in (I often do this as a percaution. I'm not spider phobic but don't like them).

Then today the same thing happened! I walked into the bathroom after having to leave the bath water in and there was a different spider lying dead! I can swear it wasn't there when I'd had a bath. Maybe it climbed up a slight gap in the plughole but it was a fair size and surely they wouldn't walk up into water? I suppose another spider could have dropped into the bath from the ceiling but a) I didn't notice one last night, and b) this has never happened before in the 3 years I've lived in my house, never mind twice in a week!

Am I reading too much into this or do spiders mean something?