View Single Post
Old 15-07-2015, 07:05 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
I thought ancient man invented gods to account for not knowing how nature & astronomy really worked?
if we've gotten rid of all the old gods through scientific discovery then why wouldn't we get rid of this last one either?

I have believed that 'man created gods because man wanted them', to protect them from their thought of non existence.

I had also considered about why man got rid of gods? I believe that with every God man had created, man got rid or no longer valued that god because they could no longer see the value that this god had for them. In other words this god man created could no longer fill the non existence void man carries with them, that this god could no longer provide the belief of protection against the fear of no longer being.

I am referring to sort of God of Christian belief. That is omnipresent, encompassing everything beyond our understanding. I believe we cannot get rid of this God because there is something so deeply buried within our conciousness it can be so hard to reach, possibly while in the human body will never reach it, but a very deep subtle knowing exists amongst the surface of chaotic desperation of fears that surround it, the fears which drive us today being listened to.

If the ancient man invented a god, for me this question that has no answer is how an ancient man came across the thought of god in the beginning?. When you consider the theory of the caveman in the very beginning and his level of knowledge or none.

Because I cannot find the answer to this and I expect most, if not all of the human race, may experience the same, for me tells me that we were touched by god's conciousness as a way of finding some form of explanation. I cannot prove it. but cannot see how a human could create the thought of god unless it had been given him.