View Single Post
Old 15-07-2015, 06:45 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus
I have at times experienced similar thoughts as to yourself and cannot recall how many times I too had asked questions like these through life . Looking at life today in the main I believe fear is at the core root that drives the human race.
All things Spiritual could simply be a denial defence system as our unconscious way to protect and disconnect us from the truth. The truth that one day we will no longer exist and that there is no evidence from our seeking and believing our spiritual creations and speculations of what happens next.

However there is only one question that at times seems to challenge this thought and that is where did these thoughts come from? For instance as an example take the belief of their being God and Let’s take the image of the caveman, the caveman who we consider in the beginning lived a life only by basic needs for survival, maybe animal like, uneducated, unaware. If we assume caveman had no concept of a God, then at some point as the caveman evolved how did the concept of God come to be born within the human mind?

I can see argument for the concept of a human becoming aware that they will one day no longer exist, as the human sees evidence of this by watching their fellow human lie down, become unresponsive and would no longer not get up. For the caveman this could trigger a minute seed of fear to be born and grow.

But how a human created the thought of a God through all this fear seems puzzling where the human had gotten this thought? God for some might be seen today as a human creation, created for the purpose to believe that there is something external from us which will save us from this devastating thought of no longer existing.

But 'it is that initial creation of the thought of being God and all that is related of God that can only tell me that God had made himself aware to the human', which tells me God must exist.

Although not hard evidence, but without an argument to prove otherwise this explanation for me seems to be the best form of evidence of there being 'that something else beyond our lives'.

I thought ancient man invented gods to account for not knowing how nature & astronomy really worked?
if we've gotten rid of all the old gods through scientific discovery then why wouldn't we get rid of this last one either?