View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 01:41 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Hi leilasmum. I too was addicted to eating -- stress eating is what it was, really. In the spring of 2011 I weighed 245 lbs. In the autumn of 2012 I weighed 149 (my ideal weight according to weight charts). And I have kept the weight off ever since. Here's what I did and continue to do.

Losing the weight.

1. It is not a cliche. Drinking lots of water is essential, critical. I drank 20+ glasses a day. It cleanses the body, and fills one up which helps keep the food cravings away.

2. I eliminated all processed foods. Processed foods contain additives and sugars which are designed to keep you addicted to eating them. It takes a few weeks for the body to realign itself to the simple taste of natural foods, and so the toughest part of losing weight are those cravings at the beginning, from being addicted to years of eating processed foods. For me, it was essential to eliminate processed foods completely. Otherwise it's a bit like an alcoholic who is trying to quit, but still has a few drinks on the weekend -- it just doesn't work.

Keeping the weight off.

1. I switched to a vegetable and fruit diet only. Nothing else. And in raw-food form, and organic as well, as much as is possible. Simply put, when eating nothing other than whole foods (and drinking water; I still drink a minimum dozen glasses a day), the body will easily and effortlessly re-adjust back to its natural weight within one year.

2. I eat almost all my food in liquid form; it works best for me. I make homemade vegetable soups, then add raw vegetables into the pot as I heat it up. And I make fruit shakes out of fresh and frozen fruit, blending them with 100% fruit juice.

3. The mental/psychological aspect of all this cannot be underestimated. Willpower alone is not enough; a shift in consciousness is required as well. It has to do with setting the intention; changing it from "want to accomplish" to "have already accomplished." The best way to describe this for me, is when I successfully quit smoking many years ago. I did not think, "I want to quit smoking." Rather, I shifted my intent, and carried with me the understanding, "I am someone who doesn't smoke." I utilized this same technique to help me get back to my perfect weight.

Hi !
Thank you so much for the thorough and helpful tips.
Yes drinking water isnt cliche indeed but i cant drink 12 glasses in a day unfortunately however i will try at least drink one liter. Water never takes my hunger away.
But its true youre right it would take a few weeks for the body to get used to the new life style. I barely eat chicken or meat except for fajitas and shishtawook and perhaps crispy chicken and veal kafta
Delicious lebanese food the kafta and tawook and only from two places . Giving the few of the meats i eat was not an easy choice. I dont know why i chose to do so i just woke up one day literally and decided that. I still have temptations but the thought of eating meat is very appalling for me now. I hope i can do the same with junk food and desserts.

Now you mentioned eating raw . I am assuming you are vegan. I cant do that. That is extreme for me and definitely not good for my health at the time being.i admire you so much for your ability to do that really.

After my surgery the first two months i was not allowed any processed food ofcourse. The first twenty days were strictly clear liquids. That was so tough ! Not physically but mentally cse my stomach was so small id get full frim two sips of apple juice. Yes i lived off apple juice for twenty days. The other twenty days were mainly consisted from liquid or purees. No processed food.
Even though it was s oso tough mentally at the end of the day i was actually very happy
My cellulite which i Had Allott disappeared!! Now its back but atleast i know its possible
i also dont drink anything thats not made from fresh juice. Not even coffee

Thanks again for the tios and the inspiration
I will start eatibg healthily starting next monday.my daughters first bday is on saturday and there gna be alot of great food. My goodbye bad eating party haha