View Single Post
Old 23-12-2011, 11:47 AM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by geri
What is the harm in believing in an intelligence and wisdom greater than our own, when acted upon can overcome all our difficulties? I know difficulties are part of life, but the lesson is learned when we know how to overcome them. I believe that it is more benificial for us to believe that we can avail ourselves to a higher source that has answers for us, so we can learn to live a life of harmony, love, health, and abundance.
What is the harm in believing in a God, a creator, a higher intelligence that wants and desires nothing but the highest good for us? Would'nt that take a lot of weight off our shoulders and give us more peace in our minds. To be able to rest in the idea that we do not have to be stuck or be a victim in any situation we do not want to be in. Having a belief like this, I think would do away with most depression. Believing I can have happiness in my life. Not believing this, seems to me, leaves a lot of room for hoplessness. Like I asked, "what is the harm?" I'm not saying you have to believe this, but would'nt you feel better if you did? I do. As a man believes in his heart so it is. Just some food for thought. Be well and have a great day.

Would I feel better for believing in a personal God? No !
It may "take a lot of weight off our shoulders," but there will always be the temptation to blame God for the ills that befall you for isn't God all powerful?

If we are to become companions, as Cayce said, doesn't that imply equality?

I am responsible for everything that happens to me and I am glad that is the way it is.

Having said this, I should add that I believe that there is a power, All That Is, that we can tap into.