View Single Post
Old 25-11-2016, 11:47 PM
Lepus

Hello Chrysalis,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
After watching the video, I was somewhat appalled in how they described the phenomena of what happened to the people. To simply call it sleep paralysis and that you're dreaming seems to be a dismissal of what they experience.

I do think there's a difference between sleep paralysis and being attacked by an outside force. I scrolled down to read the comments and there is one I agree with. The comment was to the effect as to why so many people who experienced it claim to see and feel the entity. If it was a dream, scientists aren't taking into consideration that everybody has different dreams. Another thing that was overlooked is that the phenomena spans time, culture and distances.

An outside force like a demon, or call it what you will, does use sleep paralysis to prevent one from fighting or running away. I've experienced a type of sleep paralysis many times before though the details are different.

After all is said, I truly think there's a difference between sleep paralysis and the shadow man/old hag phenomena.

I assume these two are synonymous to an extend with both having the same effects. The differences between these two involves with an entity and the other doesn't. The conjunction of sleep paralysis while dreaming didn't make sense. This phenomena isn't a dream given the fact that the circumstances appear real. I would conclude the same thing with this mysterious 'Old Hag' syndrome from watching this documentary. And like you said, everyone experience different dreams. To simply label it as a dream is oblivious to the fact that these entities strangle their victims. It can't be a mere coincidence to have the same experience. However, this can be a sign of hallucination, but I'm not too sure. This still remains a mystery in the science field, unless they have a legitimate explanation for this phenomenon than just a dream.

Blessed be,
Lepus