View Single Post
Old 27-05-2020, 04:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I use to accept karma without critically examining it, now I doubt it exists. If karma and past lives exists I'm not sure how that would work because it would mean we are a different person now living under different circumstances and with different opportunities and limitations. This is not to say it can't or doesn't exist but it's up to the ones believing in it to make their argument for it.

But how could that be if our spiritual nature is pure as it is?
I can connect to what you mentioned. This is my reflection I now see. The million dollar question. If one looks at it, it may be the obvious. The question of past lives imo needs to be seriously studied but will never be allowed. Why, because it might provide answers that are felt to go against teaching. But as far as the concept of me is, we are consciousness not the body. Consciousness does not die or does the experiences. It could be the body clouds consciousness.

Karma and spirit complement each other so well and for that matter spirit and consciousness do to. They are just words we use. It may be spirit and consciousness does not reincarnate only the body. The body is not consciousness.

When saying karma is related to past lives it can also be thought of as a continuation if one chooses. If one looks out into the world most people won't change in a lifetime. So what is karma about then? I tend to go against the experts on this but returning and karma is about both what happened and what happens. I tend to less inclusive. It is really not about the past. It's about experiencing. Me, I'm not into strict definitions used by others so I don't feel it's about action or cause and effect but more about seeing, even exploring.

It can be thought of as about seeing, experiencing, and learning. Karma is often described saying it is about seeing the other side of coin in the current life not the past one. Karma is related to energy, energy we put out and experience is what we receive back and changing energy takes years to do, that modifies all effect by change of cause. We look to change effect changing cause.

Karma then is more inclusive and open spiritually. We think we are teaching the body but the physical is temporary. I simply think consciousness does not end or die and consciousness continues. No single experience prepares us for the next one. Karma to me now is merely a word I can use other words to describe. I can also use other words to describe karma.