View Single Post
Old 21-07-2011, 03:48 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch134
Hi there, i'm new here and hoped you'd be able to help.

I lost my dad a few weeks ago. on Monday night (the night before the funeral) I couldn't sleep and had so much whirling around in my mind about the funeral and just generally felt really upset and in real turmoil. I was just lying there when all of a sudden I felt a touch on my shoulder and this overwhelming wave of calm which took away all of the whirling thoughts from my mind. I just laid there not knowing whether to be really scared or not but the overwhelming sense of calm wasn't a nasty experience... about a minute later my husband (who hasn't spoken in his sleep for a long time) said 'I'll see you later'.. i woke him up and asked him what he was dreaming but he said he wasn't dreaming and didn't know what I was talking about.

do you think this could have been my dad touching me? was it just coincidence that my husband said what he said? or was my dad saying goodbye to us both. I do believe there is life after death but i have never experienced anything like that before.

Claire x

Yes,definately. I had the same experience after my grandmother passed.
Just a soft touch on the forehead.
A sense of peace.
They do try to make contact with us before they leave,just so we know they are still around.

deepsea