View Single Post
Old 30-05-2018, 08:28 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited
Which is what I would like to think I do, I know my sins are many but I give all I physically can, and trust Gods Love and mercy is enough, which is the whole message of the Gospels.

Those who are accepting of Gods sacrifice on the cross are 100% forgiven and are seen by God as Jesus is seen - perfect. This means that in Gods eyes, as his redeemed children by faith, we are 100% sinless. However, in the human state, we are 100% sinners. No one would ever be accepted into Heaven if they were not counted as sinless as sin cannot exist in his Kingdom.

Yes, all sin and fall short of of the glory of God, but God also tells us that we are 100% justified by Faith, not works. Romans 4, Abraham was justified by his faith, not by his works. David was justified by his faith.

Collossians 2:14 also tells us that all our debt has been taken away. Having canceled the debt ascribed to us in the decrees that stood against us. He took it away, nailing it to the cross!

Several places in Scripture refer to believers being "in Christ" (1 Peter 5:14; Philippians 1:1; Romans 8:1). Colossians 3:3 gives a little more insight: "For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God." When we come to Christ as broken sinners, He exchanges our sin nature for His righteousness (2 Corinthians 5:21). We cannot remain as we were and enter into the presence of a holy God. We must “die” to self and be “hidden” in the righteousness of Christ. Galatians 3:27 says, "For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ." Here the purity of Christ is presented as a garment we wear when we repent and accept God's offer of salvation.

I believe that God see's us as sinless, blameless and fully justified despite of our sin nature, because of our faith, which would make us physically sinners but ultimately saints, especially in Gods eyes.

Here is what Jesus will tell those who practice a sin or willfully sin at judgement--No matter what they did for Jesus or loved Jesus--Matthew 7:21-23--He said many will hear those words--yet they all believe.
You see there is more than one Jesus being taught in religions claiming to be christian. So in the first place one must have the real Jesus and obey him.