View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 08:31 PM
orli_the_owl

I agree with you to a point, I too want to be the best "the one" as you put it, and somtimes veiw myself superiour to everyone but also like you said, I know im not. and I hate many aspects of myself deeply. ironicly, one of those things is that i like to think im superiour.

But if you take the two together, they cancel each other out, create the balance, yin and yang.
its not that you always think you ARE the best but by WANTING to be the best, you strive and work to acheive somthing that may benefit others- world healing i think was your example. And if you have a little self satesfaction there then you deserve it.But at the same time as wanting to be/ acting superior, you know you are not, you may have superior knowlage in one area and have acheived something brilliant but you are not the only one and you achknowlage that. you know what you have acheived is not because you are better, but because you worked harder. thus the two are balanced, and in that resepect a little ego is good. it enables progression.
True egotism, I think, is when people truly beleive they are better than others. it exists in people who do not have that doubt, that logic. the ones that do not have the balance, have the yin but not the yang.
So, dont worry about your ego untill you have removed all trace of your own insignificance :-)

ps. this is just my take, no ego here lol