View Single Post
Old 28-12-2018, 09:53 AM
Master
ImthatIm that is nice, and as I interpret it poignant that the great rules really are simple and worthwhile, but cannot be abided or played by people who know not the rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
and anyway birds don't edit their songs on the basis of how effective the sounds are, I think... they just sing and anyone who doesn't want to hear it moves along...

I've read that the birds are actually singing to orchestrate nature. like the surplus of song in Spring is to inspire more budding and notions such as that. it seemed to make sense to me, because while I don't begin to understand it, the concept of sound is far more important than we realize on a given day. something about sound and sight and other senses being created because of each other, Idno.. to be honest I'm certainly guilty of being one that'd benefit from a bit or lot of editing at times. but then I do wonder if some of the things I say or write really are just meant to be and can eventually benefit at least one person down the line if not right away. even if that one person is immediately or eventually myself though I hope the case is usually different than that.

I don't know enough about taoism to really comment or care an excessive amount about the sentiment or substance of the initial post of this thread. I do think it seemed apparent through my skimming of it that the author FallingLeaves was sort of mocking themselves, and that the comment about them following their own advice to shush was very unnecessary and a bit too cliche considering the content and whole unraveling of that initial post. but your conundrum FallingLeaves kind of reminds me of falling leaves.. just because they're ultimately going to fall doesn't mean they shouldn't live or try to make a statement while they have a chance. You never know who is going to pick that pretty leaf up off the ground, or pluck it from a tree. lol I collect "raccoon leaves" for my fiance which I sometimes get from the ground but once in a while pluck from a tree or stray branch growing near the ground. they look like the red raccoon tail leaves that are in the old school classic Super Mario Bros 3 so my fiance appreciates the super powers. and I give my daughter who just turned 1 yellow or yellow green leaves from a bush or whatever plant or tree on our walks sometimes too, etc.. I don't usually like taking living things from their natural habitats, but I figure once in a while they might want to come with us or could possibly survive longer inside rather than outside.. but who said they want to survive? I don't know.. We have a pretty good idea what happens to leaves when they fall or anything when it dies. it can't just disappear