View Single Post
Old 29-10-2019, 02:58 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
This is a very limited and erroneous understanding of ego and egolessness.

Peace
I don't see a problem with the idea of the working of ego given. Ego is the thought one has. Ego is individual and experienced as I. Can an example of how that is deficient be given in terms of consciousness? One of the questions I think relevant that has not been acknowledged is and what I have noticed is Ego is also patterned thinking and included in every decision we make. Ego is or holds the thought (and act) of the self by the brain. The view of I am also have attachments to it, I am not worthy or even I am worthy, I deserve, I do not deserve. I am right, I am not right. Ego tells us I am alive. Ego tells me there is nothing else. Ego is limited in the spiritual sense in that we think I is here and I am not anywhere else. Some would say who we are are souls of course, that is the real I. The body is temporary! The Ego wants the body to be real. The Ego perfers the body to the soul. The Ego cannot think beyond itself and does not want to. It will die if it does and so it is based on conscious survival that actually is from the limbic system. In fact ego is something we don't have to think about and is the conscious view of self, important in creating and don't even know we are making it up. What's important in the statement made before of I am this or or that or I need recognizes Ego to creates reality. We talk about this all the time. Who was doing that, why was it done?

So adding to the thought I am, we can add ego is cause and effect related. I am not important, I need to be important. Ego influences decisions to. There are many things ego does. When we say we create reality it is important to know it could have happen anyway. Ego is an illusion in that it is the thinker and doer in that it creates "the" events fulfilling that creates cause and effect. Ego gives rise to what we do and why. Our desires are seen in Ego. Many for whatever reason don't mention Ego is nothing more then thinking.