View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 02:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I hope our dear Sparrow doesn't mind me barging in as well....

There's an old saying (I have forgotten the right words) but it goes more or less like this:
There is no better way to know a person than to walk a mile in their shoes.

Maybe that's why we choose to have a human incarnation? Just wondering.....
One thing I picked up from SGS ---> a big piece for me , as I usually judge myself as being lesser-than, or having failed somehow (or lots of ways) , spiritually, because I don't do this or that, or don't experience this or that, like other people (or beings) I hear about <--- is that everything is important . Everything is part of the infinitely reflexive uni/omniverse . I like how this immediate thought pattern I just walked into here right now ties in with some David Bohm I've been trying to decipher for the last year or so (difficult, having never studied physics) . He might say "everything enfolds into everything in the implicate order , and unfolds out into every (seemingly separate) thing manifested in the explicate order" , and something about this whole thing being like an infinity of mirrors... point being that , from a perspective of wholeness ("unbroken wholeness" as Bohm calls it) no thing is any more or less valuable than any other. That says a lot right there. We're quick to assess and be judgmental and fragmentary in the way we see things , but this is a learned behavior to some degree, and maybe in our nature to some degree too, but we don't have to be restricted to that way of thinking .

So, when I'm living in my everyday self person, still mad and sad because of certain things, still a grumpy old fart , I assimilated the perspective that it doesn't actually matter much in a bigger picture what I think about my own perceived spirituality , or lack thereof . From a certain angle , such assessment is irrelevant , as everything continues along it's merry way, with or without me, with or without me being aware of a whole bunch of other stuff than what's apparently in front of what looks like a nose .

It's like ...I've seen enough of certain things, and thought in certain ways , to have some good ideas about life , the universe, and everything , but I had to stop kicking myself for not being able to go inwards to levels that other people do more easily. It's been the same , more or less, since I was 15 and now I'm 61, so it's not like I think there's ever going to be any huge
earth shattering change before I croak. There already was , 28 years ago when I went through the DTs and sobered up, and that's enough , but it's not …. well, it took a long time to stop focusing on what it's not, and experience what it IS . What this whole thing looks like through one particular lens of awareness with one particular set of parameters , and however this particular flow of experience fits into the whole, well, I don't even have to understand the details, but knowing that it's a sort of automatic process is ...interesting .

out of time, humanoids … byeeee