Thread: Receptivity
View Single Post
Old 16-12-2018, 11:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondance
Hello Unseeking Seeker

Nice poem.

So I’ve referenced two views here. Receptivity contrasted with Purification.

Receptivity is all about being open to what is - this entails the ‘me’ getting out of the way.

Purification is about working on me in order to strip away layers of conditioning etc. By stealth this keeps the ‘me’ in the center of things. The mind loves this.

As I see it this purification approach amounts to putting the horse before the cart. If in simple receptivity the radiance of Being can be seen to shine as our essential nature, to different degrees, psychological fear and egoic desire will effortlessly start to recede. But habits of mind are powerful and this can take time - possibly a lifetime (just the one.)

Meanwhile, right now it can be seen clearly and with a certain amount of relief and joy that our fears and desires, our bad habits and inclinations are nothing other than the creative play of Source. You don’t have to be free of conditioning (as if that were even possible) to inhabit your true nature.

You know, there is ONLY Source. It’s THIS… this that’s going on… however it appears… yes, THIS… right now - as it is. When this dawns the separation delusion loses its footing and the spiritual materialism can come to an end.

Thanks for the insight!

Perhaps the journey of each being different, what I realised in as life experience is that the consciousness shift requires to be internalised through a voluntary action in thought, word & deed in erasing negativity. Only then is space made available within us to magnetically connect to the Universe. I’d say receptivity and inner cleansing are synonymous for tuning in to the divine energy.

Rephrased, what is our reflex response? Or the vibrational frequency we choose to engage in during our waking state? Unless we choose to prioritise the higher frequency as an intuitive reflex ... well ... we can assess where our fulcrum is. The ‘me getting out of the way’ you allude to ... how may it be accomplished unless we erase what the ‘me’ is addicted to in the self serving domain?

Of course, some may be so blessed to be able to cognise and merge in the Oneness with their consciousness being on an ‘as is where is basis’ but as I said, each journey is different ... that’s the beauty!