View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 04:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanaki
Sky123 Buddhist teaching can be a part of your lifestyle yes, But what i mean is one can not chang the teaching it self to fit once own life, if you change a word in a teaching, is it then a true teaching by a Buddha? we as human beigs who are not enlighten yet can not see the full truth Buddha saw when he reach enlightenment, so when he made the teaching that was the truth withing sakyamunis path. If i as a buddhist change this words, it is no longer sakyamunis teaching. Then it become my understanding of his teaching, and that can not yet be called buddhism :)

Hope you understand what i tried to explain :)

It would be impossible to follow Buddha's teachings ' word for word ' as he never wrote anything down himself. You only have to look at different Schools of Buddhism to see the way what we think of as his teachings have been translated. Time and culture changes things.

“Don’t blindly believe what I say. Don’t believe me because others convince you of my words. Don’t believe anything you see, read, or hear from others, whether of authority, religious teachers or texts. Don’t rely on logic alone, nor speculation. Don’t infer or be deceived by appearances. Do not give up your authority and follow blindly the will of others. This way will lead to only delusion. Find out for yourself what is truth, what is real."

The ' Core Teachings ' haven't changed but from what I have seen for myself there are differences in various Schools.