View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 09:23 AM
Pathfinder

Hello Journey,

As a child, I had a very high level of empathy and was sensitive to all energy around me. I would describe (in detail) life events that had recently occurred with distant family members to my mom, before she was notified of the events. My mom was always very understanding (she has similar abilities) and to this day I can still remember her telling me, "You know these things because you have ESP." Additionally, I was able to walk into a space and feel the energy, whether good (with a warm, hopeful, comfortable, or excited feeling) or not so good (which may have felt like feelings of dread, fear, anger, a pit in your stomach, etc). Essentially, as far back as I can recall, I have always felt a sense of knowing and a sensitivity and connection to all energy. During these younger years, I remember feeling very vulnerable at nighttime when trying to go to sleep. I would see shadows, felt my bed shift (as though someone sat down), heard items on my dresser clearly move, and had a picture of Jesus thrown off of my wall while trying to go to sleep. Still to this day, I don't really know exactly if this was due to spirit or another form of energy.
As a teenager, the knowing and sensitivity to energy was still there; however, I typically ignored or repressed much of what I was sensing or seeing. I had a few close friends at this age that knew about my abilities, and I would sometimes let them know if I was having a premonition about something (usually stated as, "I have a strange feeling that...") or if I saw the spirit of their loved one. When I would see spirit, I would either see them in my mind's eye or as a quick flash and get an impression (or knowing) of who they were. I don't see spirit in the same form as a living person, as others might. But, as you know, we are all different.
Fast forward years later, I am now in my late thirties and have had an eventful two years of discovery and development of these abilities. It all started at a birthday party for my nephew, which was held at the home of my sister’s in-laws. My sister had informed her mother-in-law (who is very kind and open- minded) the week prior that I was sensitive to energy. When her mother-in-law approached me at the party, she asked me if I would come over to her house sometime and see if I felt anything, energy-wise (she had been experiencing activity in her home). She then proceeded to tell me about her friend that had passed years ago. She did not say her name, but she did tell me how her friend passed away and her feelings of sadness regarding how her friend did not get to experience certain events in life (marriage, children, etc.). While my sister’s mother-in-law was talking, I kept hearing in my head, “Jeanine/Janet, Jeanine/Janet.” Following that, I heard, “twins.” 30 minutes later, when all family and friends had gathered into the living room to watch my nephew open gifts, I heard in my head, “Deloris” and a few other random words. Now, just for the record, at this point in time it was not unusual for me to hear words in my head that would seem to come out of nowhere. I would usually hear the words (which were very subtle) in my own head voice; however, I knew that I did not consciously create them. However, I would just typically brush them off or ignore them.
After the party, I let my sister know what I had heard. My sister convinced me to allow her to ask her mother-in-law if she could validate anything that I had heard (in my head) at her house during the party. I was very reluctant and anxious, but was curious to find out if what I was hearing had any relevance to the living people that I was around at the time. Come to find out, the name of the friend who had passed away that my sister’s mother-in-law was talking about was Jeanine. She was a twin and her sister’s name was Janet. Further, a close family member, who had passed away a few years earlier, was named Doris and the words after I heard “Deloris” were connected to her. (I have discovered that I will typically hear the first and last sounds of a name (i.e. Dennis for Denise, Mary for Marie, etc.); although, once in a while I hear either the first or last sound.) From that point, I began to practice connecting to spirit with safe people who were not my close family members.
When a session to connect to spirit begins, my head and neck area usually start to tingle and sometimes I feel a little dizzy. When I start to get information, it may be in the form of hearing words in my own head voice, seeing things as you would in a daydream (sometimes items, people, active events, etc.), smelling scents, and/or experiencing the feeling a situation, physical sensation, or emotion. Sometimes these are combined. For example, one spirit showed me a vision of a restaurant while I heard, “tell her I was there with her.” When I told the sitter this, she stated that just the day before, she felt very hurt by her mother cancelling their lunch date 20 minutes after they were supposed to meet, while she was waiting for her at the restaurant. Before relaying the message, we had already determined that I had been connecting with an aunt, who was like a mother to her, who had passed away a few years prior.
During a strong connection to spirit, I will usually consistently get chills and feel a subtle sense of euphoria. In this state, my sense of knowing feels very strong. When I am connecting, I get physically warmer and my chest and neck usually get flushed, similar to hives. One interesting thing that happens is that I start to burp a lot when connecting to spirit. Don’t know what that is all about, but it is a detail that I have noticed in most readings. Very strange!
When I feel a spirit at times that I do not set the intention to connect specifically, such as when I’m working, at an event, or running errands, etc., I may feel head and/or neck tingles, get the chills, feel the energy of something near you like having the sense similar to when you know a living person is standing behind you, my ear ringing directly after acknowledging that I feel spirit, tingling on the top of forearm as if someone is touching very lightly, being lightly flicked on the back (this one has only happened twice), and/or randomly knowing or hearing things.

Stacey :)