View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 07:17 PM
Nettles

I was more interested in past lives some twenty years ago or so and found easy access to them through meditation.

I'll never forget the time I went to a retreat, usually not my thing but I was invited by some friends and they even paid my way so I couldn't say no. Of course the retreat itself reminded me in many ways why I don't waste my time or money on them.

When we did past life regressions I remember we had like 3 Katherine the Greats, a bunch of witches, a few even claiming they were burned as such during the Salem Witch trials despite the fact that not one single person accused of Witchcraft was actually burned in Salem.

I was a pygmy monkey hunter when I did that particular regression. I was the only person in the room who wasn't claiming to be some great historical figure. It was interesting to say the least.

I sort of lost interest after that. I'm not terribly concerned with the past or the future so much as I am focused and truly awake in each moment, and that is my focus.

While a past life might offer some insight it isn't anything I can't pick up on without regressions. Besides, whatever my circumstances were as a Monkey Hunter or as a soldier or as anything else don't really apply to my circumstances now.

Sure, universal type truths can be found in past lives and insight may be gained but those are truths and insights that can be gained in many other ways besides looking into past lives and for me personally, I gain more insight via OBE's and astral travel than I ever did when I was doing regressions.