View Single Post
Old 21-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Master
This technique, they taught, was one I had learned from my old roomie quite a while ago.

Just to focus on your breathing or the rising and falling of the belly with each breath. To acknowledge thought as it enters the mind and let it go. Not to engage it. Just to bring the attention back to the breaths. To exist in a timeless environment existing in the awareness of the present. If it helps to keep the mind focused, find a word that brings your mind closer to what you are trying to achieve and repeat it over and over in your mind. They used examples like Peace...

We also did a walking meditation. And they spoke of Contemplative meditation and things like meditation while doing dishes. Just finding ways to be in the moment and freeing ourselves from complexities. Seeking simplicity and identifying that boredom arises from a complex mind that seeks complexity for gratification and therefore perceives simple tasks as dull and boring where in fact simplicity is the path to freeing ourselves from suffering.

As I recall.