View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 07:51 PM
Sslama

You're welcome Tiss. I remember needing to talk about my feelings so much these first few years. I still like to talk about him.

He will stay with you until you are strong enough to let him go. He needs to adjust and move on as well, and he will when you are ready to let go. Time truly is a great healer. Do you have a journal you can write in? It was suggested to me and I wrote in it every day...even if it was one word that described my feelings. I did this for years, then I stopped. Looking back I can now see that was the first step in letting go....the last step, as I said earlier, was after 5 years. Around that time I had a dream about him and he was sitting in his favorite car looking so drawn and haggered. I felt bad and said "you can go, it's okay". The next dream I had (this is how he came to me over those 5 years and I used to wait for those dreams because I missed him so much), he was standing in a sunny field and he was all aglow with gold suit and his hair was so golden and I couldn't understand what that meant...there was a cat crossing in this field too. I changed after that...and came to the conclusion it was a sign he was happy and moved on to a higher plane of existence and he rarely comes to me in a dream....when he does it is in times of hardship and I need comforting.

Funny thing about love....I have found that it's all the same. The love for your mother, brother, pet, husband....a stranger on the street.....it's all the same. It's an act of kindness towards others. It's all there is and it's all the same. Love is Love. I think when that is understood you can let the people and things you love go. Because letting go is really just acceptance.