View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 06:12 AM
Master
In my opinion research papers on this subject are inadequate, and I feel that you have to make yourself the subject of any research you might want to do. Still that is not enough because research is objective and the spiritual experience is subjective. Research requires observation and measurement, it also requires being able to repeat what you are researching. All of the research which you have already done may be but a stepping stone for you to go beyond the kind of research you have been doing.

Objective research may give you some idea on different points of views from others regarding consciousness but it can never prove to you that there is and afterlife. If you really want to know you have to leave the arena of beliefs and enter into the arena of experience. Talk with and read about people who have had out-of-body experiences or near death experiences, and then attempt to have your own experience beyond this physical realm.

All I had were beliefs and non-beliefs before I had and actual out-of-body experience, and if nothing more that experience proved to me beyond any doubt that there is life beyond this physical existence. These experiences, and I have had several, came when I was sitting in quiet meditation, and they always came when I least expected them. Expectations can block us and blind us.

The ethereal realm closest to this physical realm is often called “the astral plane” and there are lots of people who attempt to astral project, but to become conscious of the greater spiritual planes of existence, most often it takes a very intimate transformational process on the part of the seeker. We have to make ourselves available to spirit without seeking anything in return. Humility definitely helps. You can only control it by not controlling it; letting go is key, what various religions call “surrender.“ I suggest a spiritual path because reading about it will only take you so far.

The experience can not be measured or observed, you have to become one with it. Any research you do in this regard will be trial and error, and you will come to know what works and what does not work in and enhanced consciousness development endeavor. Your experience will be as unique as you are. Choose a path that speaks to your heart, there are a number of them that are worthy of your attention. The journey is a journey of unfolding your very own consciousness, expanding your very own heart, and the path you choose are the tools which you have chosen to aide you in this. Time is irrelevant but in my opinion starting sooner is better than later.