View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 10:29 PM
Newbie ;)

Why are all channeled messages similar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
I'm not even sure some of the channeled messages are channeled from entities but rather the ego.

It's interesting that there were no replies to this comment. I think this insight is key to much of this phenomenon. Some channeling does seem to be from a source outside this physical world, with the best and highest giving messages of true wisdom and compassion. This true information is received by the unconscious mind of the channeler, but is still filtered through the various levels of the mind, being limited by the actual knowledge of the channeler and distorted by various aspects of the personality. However, in my opinion a large part of this material actually comes from the subconscious mind of the channeler and is heavily modified by the ego.

So the similarity is due both to the true source of the teachings entering the minds of various of the channelers being the same, and to the fact that the channelers' egos and subconscious minds to a large degree incorporate the current views of the spiritual community, as communicated through literature and social contacts. In other words, much of this is similar because of reading the same books.