View Single Post
Old 29-07-2017, 02:04 PM
Deactivated Account
Edited to correct my own error

Oops... In my post (as below), I said I'd travelled to north-east USA and south-east Canade, but I've never been there... we hugged the west coast for 8 weeks... Oops!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by linnie
I made a Medicine Drum several years ago. It is Deer skin, and the in the skin face of the Drum I actually see the image of a gentle Deer's face. It is about 15" across and has traditional counted knot tying which was really amazing to do. I'm afraid i can't recall which group it came from originally. I don't play it often... I was keen to work with it whilst Journeying, but found I couldn't drum and journey at the same time :-o I do use it when I spontaneously get a nudge to just Drum to shift energy in the more still areas of the home, just to liven the energy up... and sometimes I just feel like getting her out of her bag and playing ... It's a very beautiful drum.

Since then, I travelled to north-east USA and south-east Canada and finally met my first NA flute, and became so completely entranced by it that I now have, well, many Flute voices travelling this journey with me... People love Flute, and I'm ask by so many people to play at many different functions... some public, and others very private :) It always feel like a huge honour to play a beautiful Flute for people, because so many are truly touched by a flute's voice. :)