View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 09:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
Self-belief is the trickiest of things.

As always, I defer to Jyotir. He says it best.

Bless,

BT
Yes, J's ways of saying things is indeed most eloquent!

Methinks that the only way of not being 'tricked' by 'selfish' considerations - pertaining either to one's 'own' 'self' or the 'selves' of others - is to truly be impartial in both attitude and intent.

Of course, if the 'assessment' (pertaining to any given issue) of a person who thinks, feels and believes he or she is truly impartial differs from the 'assessment' (pertaining to the same issue) of another person who thinks, feels, and believes he or she is truly impartial, it is a foregone conclusion that each will conclude that the other must really not be impartial and that he or she must have been 'tricked' by 'selfish' considerations that appear (to them) to be unselfish, i.e. which appear (to them) to be truly impartial as a result of their having been 'tricked by their own selfishness.

I hope that is well said enough for you to accept as a well-intentioned caution to you to watch that you aren't tricked by your 'own' 'self-belief' which, for the above reason, you appear (to me, that is) to really be.

As Einstein discovered, the principles of 'relativity' can result in the 'configuration' of 'reality' appearing to be quite different to different observers, my obviously 'condescending' meward, Bro.