View Single Post
Old 28-07-2018, 07:42 AM
Master

My strongest experiences have been with people I met along the path, ordinary men and women who often 'verged' on what so called 'ordinary' society might call mentally ill etc. Some people called them Divine Madmen too. There was one guy i met at a Buddhist centre who was a supremely intelligent person, who often slept in rubbish skips and had no real home or possessions but he was totally affable to anybody who spoke with him and was as gentle as a lamb, he just had love pouring out of him tbh he was also a supreme chess player and book learned and could embarass you with knowledge or facts if he chose to do so which he never did to anyone.

He seemed to just have the clothes he wore and was always smiling outside and deeply inside. He was definitely displaying enlightened energy and activity. I've been in the presence of alot of Tibetan Lamas and it has always brought magic but thinking about it now, the experience was almost too big for parts of my consciousness to deal with. So enlightenment falls outside of temporal time etc. .yes you can be elevated in the presence of an enlightened teacher but sometimes the seeds that are sown manifest years later down the line.

I went to see the Dalai Lama and I was in an altered state of consciousness for some weeks after. My moods were elevated and my energy was flowing quicker in general. Good question, thanks for sharing. I like the fact that the question reminds me that there are enlightened beings on the planet, how enlightened someone is is a valid question but in general such a question is probably applies more to grocery shopping or some very specific quantifiable activity. Grace is all consuming, it has no end no beginning and cannot be fully expressed nor can it be fully contained. I have definitely been in the presence of Grace/love expressing itself through and in the material world is probably the best thing for me to say. :)

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge