View Single Post
Old 24-06-2018, 10:06 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
No it doesn't, says he through gritted teeth and with tongue firmly in cheek.

I've had some of the best Spiritual 'ah-ha' moments in the middle of a heated battle. Often we become so carried away that we're going to prove our point come hell or high water and often because of that we dig deep into ourselves just to prove ourselves right and the other person wrong. The being right part is good for the ego but what's more interesting is that we've gone deep into ourselves for 'resources' to do battle with. It's like old sailors' saying, that a ship sails more majestically slightly athwart the wind. People saying 'I agree' kinda takes the wind out of the sails of the discussion. I also think that in the midst of battle people tend to show their true colours more, and if we take offence what does that say about us?

So, handbags at ten paces at dawn. Don't be late.

I choose pistols at noon.

Somebody who agrees only picks up the windspeed. Someone who disagrees turns the tide against you, but the wind still might be on your side. And revelations come depending on the weather, do you turn back when a storm approaches? Steer around? Take cover when it rains?

No doubt, these forums are sunny skies