View Single Post
Old 14-01-2018, 09:21 PM
Experiencer

From "words" to Channeling

I've got lots to say (as always). the challenge will be to organize. And maybe to spell. Okay. I'm going to get started.

Words
Some years ago I started getting what I came to call "words." Right before falling asleep or just after waking up, I would hear words, usually in my own voice, but they weren't words I was thinking. It scared me at first--I thought I was losing my mind.

Then some time after that, my son died, and that led me on a spiritual journey that has changed everything. I came to understand that the words I was hearing might be from my spirit guides (a new concept back then) or that I might be telepathically picking up on things from others or from the spirit world. For many years I've held the "words" experiences at arms length. How did I know the words weren't coming from a dark spirit? How did I know what to trust?

The words were pretty fascinating, and I enjoyed them, while also not letting them upset me. For instance, yesterday I got the phrase "naked fool," and I just shrugged it off. It seemed sarcastic or judgmental or both, and I didn't like the feel of it. So I just ignored it. I must say, though, that very little of what I've gotten has been like that. Even so, I've been careful with what I've gotten.

One of the questions I have for you is: are the words I've gotten "channeling'? And if so, what does that mean?

I haven't assumed that the words I've gotten are from guides.

One phrase I got once was "B-52." I got several other words or phrases over a period of time and just wrote them all down. They didn't mean anything to me. Later, when talking to my sister that day or even a few days later--I don't remember now (it has been several years)--I found out that my brother had been thinking about having the air force fly a B-52 in honor of our father, who had recently died. When I talked to my sister, I didn't say, "ah ha!" because I didn't remember the B-52, because it was just a phrase in a long line of others. But when I reviewed that list later, and saw B-52, I saw the connection. I believe my father was letting us know that he was aware my brother was thinking of him. It was pretty cool.

To Channeling? After a long period of healthy eating (a few years) and slow weight loss, I've suddenly reverted to old behavior and can't seem to get unstuck. After looking for help a few other ways, I decided to try to ask my guides for help.

A few nights I prayed intensely before sleep. One night I finally wrote questions out and asked my guides to answer them. "What is a good first step to reducing processed sugar from my daily diet" was one question. Another was "is there advice you can give me to help reduce my daily processed sugar amount?" I got two "hits": "in search of a meal" and "just leave the rest." I didn't think the responses were very helpful, but I did think they were related to my question. "words" were always random and unrelated to what I was thinking about." The B-52 experience above had nothing at all to do with what I was thinking about at the time.

Yesterday, I tried thinking directly to my guides, asking them to talk to me, and after "naked fool," I got "we might get some mischief." That phrase really cracked me up. I laughed out loud. My mood, which has been pretty low, rose. The guides and I are exchanging and interacting.

Then today, two instances of even better give-and-take interaction. I was thinking about a story I had read and making a judgment about one of the characters. My guide pointed out something I had missed. And s/he was right! The guide's response was helpful. The other instance wasn't as clear. I was thinking about doing something and the guide said I shouldn't. It doesn't hurt to listen to the guide in this instance, so I will. In both cases, it was very clear to me that I wasn't hearing my own thoughts. These responses really were from outside of my thinking at the time. When I heard "words," I knew they weren't from me because they weren't related at all to what I was thinking. Now I can tell they aren't from me...but I'm not really sure how I can tell. In the instance of the story, the guide's response was a surprise. So it wasn't what I was thinking,, though it was related to the subject I was thinking about. I am afraid of asking yes/no questions because I'm not sure that I could tell the difference between my own ego and my guide.

I am still trying to figure out when the guide is helping me and when there is "some mischief." I imagine the mischief might be a passing interfering spirit?

Now that there is give and take, am I channeling?

So far I do not feel that I have gotten much help with my problem of "mainlining sugar," as a friend of mine describes the huge quantities of sugar I eat. I don't know why. Can any of you use your psychic powers to offer advice that will nudge me in the right direction? Maybe it's just that I enjoy eating sugar so much that advice won't do any good? I dunno. I have asked that the desire for sugar be removed, but so far it's still here.

Maybe this thread belongs elsewhere? I wasn't really sure when I started, what exactly I was going to say. But please feel free to move this, moderator, if it needs to be moved.

I would love responses to this thread. Some possibilities, but don't feel constrained by these suggestions:

how do you differentiate between the kinds of psychic experiences I am relating
What is your own physic experience(s) like?
why am I not getting help from my guides with my eating issues?
where else might I search for help with my eating problems?
if you've ever channeled, how do you know when you hit "mischief" and how can you avoid it?
how far do you trust your guides?