View Single Post
Old 07-08-2006, 05:42 PM
Glorymist

Katara - - just as an aside - - what I often have the most trouble with in dealing with these forums is that I make entries that explain these facets / things - - and then I forget what forum I made them in and what entry they are - - so I am always building on concepts as if everyone has already read them all and everything should just fall into place. HeH I am finding that is NOT the case ! !

First - - try to understand that when I use slash marks - - such as Soul / atman - - I am just using that because people always used to jump on my choice of a single word so I began to use multiple choices that meant the same thing so it would cut down on the whole semantics issues. It works - - to some extent.

Now - - Soul - - is "composed" if you will - - of Pure Spirit. Soul is from the Pure Worlds of God - - by whatever name / concept you wish to accept here. But the nature of the school room is to dump poor Soul down into the worlds of duality to discover who and what It (Soul) is by first discovering who and what It is not. So - - Soul is very much out of Its element here. Like - - dumping us (our physical bodies) down into the ocean. We would die ! ! So would Soul. Therefore - - Soul was given "bodies" to use as protective coverings to protect it from the harsh environments - - just as we might use wet suits or deep sea diving gear to protect us from dropping down into the depths of the ocean. These "bodies" that we are given - - ARE in their element here. They are composed of the lower world elements - - which are both the positive and negative atoms / energies / etc.

In other words - - mind is "stronger" than Soul here because mind is in its natural habitat - - so to speak. Add to that - - the handicap of reincarnation - - which puts us at a very precarious level at each birth - - and we them ust learn the ways and means of the society we are born into for that lifetime - - and since the world promotes the ways and means of mind and emotions - - Soul is taught that mind and emotions are where it's at ! ! Soul accepts this as being true. It never knew otherwise.

But thru the various lifetimes - - Soul begins to realize that there are limits to mind - - and often - - other limitions are the very result of mind itself. Soul begins to suspect mind as being just a tool - - rather than the absolute master that mind wishes to be considered as.

Soul - - unknowingly - - at first - - accepted mind as the master of all that happened within each lifetime - - because mind was in its element and Soul was not. Finally - - the penduluum swings the other way. The battle is long, scary, and fierce. Mind NEVER wishes to relinquish its mastery over Soul. Most often - - mind considers Soul to be a clear and obnoxious enemy to it (mind) and always fights against Soul to maintain its (mind) supremecy.

Ultimately - - Soul gains grounds here - - but not in the way most people believe the "victory" to be won.

About the "oneness" thing - - remember that we ARE both one AND individual. We are one with Divine Spirit yet we are individual at the same time - - otherwise we would not even recognize ourselves as being the proverbial "drop" in the ocean. We are one and individual within the lower worlds - - because mind is the tool that made all in the lower worlds - - and since there is only one overall universal mind - - or one complete / overall mental awareness / faculty - - then these worlds are all composed from the mental awareness - - yet are individual because of the differences in perception and in what we mentally perceive our world to be.

And lastly - - we are one with all of LIFE IT-self - - which would comprise all of existence - - yet we are individual in our experiences and our understanding / realization of what all of "this" is and what all of "this" means.

What I have just put there - - is a good example of the concept of the "three in the three" - - which is a basis for all the various "trinities" in the world. There are three different facets of it all that compose the whole - - but still remain individual at the same time. Like - - positive / negative / neutral - - or - - father / son / holy ghost. Each distinct - - yet whole - - yet again - - distinct.

This - - in turn - - is the basis of balance - - or a good part of it. Balance all facets - - understand each - - "use" them all as what they were intended to be used as.

Not that we are going to "use" - - God. HeH ! ! I think I gave too many examples there. But - - many people try to "use" God as a "gimmee" God. So - - I guess - - that concept isn't too far-fetched either.

I'd better stop here. I'm even confusing myself ! !