View Single Post
Old 14-01-2020, 12:31 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
So why not let go of your desire to accomplish anything big? Your immediate challenge seems to be dealing with the everyday stuff and your feelings about being unworthy. Your environment and the people in this environment are simply reflecting your own feelings back at you. If you cannot master the little things then how can you hope to achieve this big thing?

And what is this big thing anyway? Do you have any clear idea what it is you hope to accomplish? Or is this big thing just a vague pipe-dream to prove to everyone that you are in fact worthy and special?

And never mind these people who have great life-plans to realise in this lifetime. Are they just on their own little spiritual ego-trip? All of us on the spiritual path have to deal with the problem of spiritual pride and its pitfalls. Ignore such people - they are not your concern.

What was your soul's purpose with such a personality in such circumstances? Perhaps it was to deal with the very issues you are facing, the feelings of being unworthy and struggling with your physical circumstances. Never mind the big achievements of the future - your challenge is to become the master of your life in the present. The future will take care of itself.

Peace

Hi Iamthat,

I did and do feel the point of view from which I wrote the post is wrong, that's why I launched the thread.

Fortunately, spiritual pride is not present in the people I know.

You are right. Thank you for shaking me up a bit.