View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 11:39 AM
Deactivated Account
Asking Higher Questions, Part 2

Friends,

Here are some examples of higher questions that you may ask yourself (keeping in mind that the real purpose of posing these questions is not to receive a set of words for an answer, but a feeling of well-being, a higher state of self-awareness):

1. "Who am I?"
2. "What am I?"
3. "What does my spiritual essence feel like?"
4. "What am I really here for?"
5. "What is happening right now within me?"
6. "What mood am I in?"
7. "How am I really feeling?"
8. "Am I, right now, enjoying myself?"

Now, again, these questions are not to be asked for simply receiving an intellectual answer, for that is not the true purpose of a higher question. It is recommended here that you offer the question as a gift, for a question is really an invitation, an offering, and a higher question is a type of sacred offering.

After presenting this sacred offering to your consciousness, allow your mind to be quiet as the movement, the momentum of the question, expands the space of your attention. In other words, asking a higher question is like ringing a bell, its energy reverberates and reaches new levels of consciousness, just as a sound that is made in your physical reality actually reaches other levels, other dimensions of sound and vibration beyond the reach of your physical hearing.

Asking a higher question is a gift to yourself, and it always returns to you in a higher form, much higher than a series of thoughts or a set of words in a book or upon a screen (such as this), but as a feeling of joy that is true clarity itself (but you must remain open and receptive in order to really feel this joy). If you want to be clear, then allow yourself to feel good.

The ego often begs for certain "answers" to be given to it in a certain way, according to preconceived bias, and it usually does this in subtle ways that you often do not take notice of, whereas the higher self encourages the mind to ease up on these specifications, to be more flexible and open to pleasant surprises.

The real power of a higher question is not the question itself but rather the pure intent of the one who poses it. If a clear, loving intent is not present, then the question is not really a high-level one.

Last edited by awareness : 02-04-2017 at 12:39 PM.