View Single Post
Old 18-05-2016, 12:23 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebluefaerie
Random thoughts on this subject:

It is much like with dieters who focus on what they think they "shouldn't" eat. Honestly, that is the worst thing you can do, because you will usually crave the things that you deny yourself and try hard not to think about. A person is better off concentrating on what they are gaining in terms of a healthy lifestyle, the natural foods, the benefits of energy That really is one of the keys. In all my experience with this, people who focus on the scale and having to hurry up are the ones who have the least success.

If I said to someone "don't think about purple stars" Most likely, they are going to think about purple stars. Perception and beliefs play a HUGE role in the world and how we manifest our reality. Famous quote: What you resist, persists. I think people take it the wrong way and the reason they disregard the LOA is for this reason:

They take it as ALL you have to do is think positive, sit around doing nothing, with no action. When the truth is: if you are thinking positive, visualizing, meditating, living in a state where you feel happy and focusing on joyful things, and reasons to have gratitude, you are more likely to take inspired action to begin with. If I walk into something dreading it, and thinking I HAVE to do this just because someone told me to, what are the chances of it magically becoming a wonderful experience, or me even wanting to practice do it again. Very slim. Walk into it with a different mindset, or do something you really want to do, or are passionate about, watch what happens.

(If you aim at nothing, you are sure to hit it)

I agree. We can create self-fulfilling prophecies. And, if we do not "act on our intentions," there can be no fulfillment of those intentions. Reprogramming the mind can definitely inspire motivation to act, but without follow through in apply it practically, the energy flow spends itself.