View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
You have got me there. I don't know where it is or even if it is in the Bible. I've heard that story many times though. I'm not sure where it originates from.

That is a good point. Why did Satan fall? Actually that would be Lucifer, jealousy Did he call himself God?
I know of no place where satan calls himself God.
(Most Christian authors will never honor satan by capitalizing the name, btw....I liked that and follow suit.)

Lucifer - as the story goes - was jealous that God made Man more powerful , more special than even the angels ---of which Lucifer was a top dog (ref Hebrews Ch 1, 2 and Peter 3 - they are subject now to Jesus at God's right hand,)
Lucifer never said he was God, hope I got that right.
And neither did satan - - after the fall, he was never referred to again as 'Lucifer' a beloved angel of God's.

Satan is the ruler of this world, however (according to the stories, that is)...thus, Jesus never questioned satan's power to give him riches here on earth - because he did have that power - it was truly a temptation for Jesus during his 40 days of fasting.
(If he had no power there couldn't have been a temptation, see?)

But ''God''? - I'd like to see where that might be also.
Now, in Is 14:12 - God laments about the fall of Lucifer (the first time he is mentioned by name, KJV) ''the son of the morning...''

Later Lucifer says, "I will be like the Most High." He's just spouting what he wants to be.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru