Thread: Suicide
View Single Post
Old 21-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchfork
Thanks everyone for your replies.

I'll answer the question as to why I ask this.

Basically I find this planet, this life, quite a sad thing. And amidst all that I naturally try to figure out why go on. And one thing I can't mentally cope with is the possibility that physical death might any second end everyting forever. The pointlessness scares me, and it seems I could never live with such a view on life.

However, having no evidence of the contrary (eternal life), and not even being able to argue for it, these spiritual ideas do seem like wishful thinking in face of the harsh reality. And even though I'm a bit ashamed to admit it, deep inside I reason like this - if life ends with death, I'd rather go now and not prolong the suffering (selfish? maybe), but if it does not, I at all costs want to know it, but don't know how to find such knowledge.

But to tell you the truth, the pain I would cause my mom and my friends probably would hold me back from pulling the trigger. I still want to love and care for them, even though I'm not doing a very good job at it lately.

Did you ever hear the expression...........die before you die?
That which fears death and clings to life can die before we die and leave us with that which no longer fears death and embraces life.
You'll be alright......................find your peace here and now...follow you instincts...you are not alone and you will be guided to find joy in this life.
This I promise!
James