View Single Post
Old 31-01-2020, 10:59 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
I love nature shows and am intrigued by the intricacies of nature. Rather than simply crediting evolution for the uniqueness of each facet of nature my first thought is....this is amazing what God has done and it serves as a revelation of his existence. When we realize that we can discern God from nature eventually we learn to be open to the presence of God in our fellow men. I have often said that when one sees love that one is seeing God. Those types of sudden revelations about the godliness of mankind involuntarily can be accompanied by tears. I would also classify these as epiphanies......What appears to be the intentional shielding of God would be viewed by some as His greatest gift to us. It gives meaning to the journey that we are on and the endless nature of this journey. It is things like this that give us the smallest concept of the meaning of grace and a deeper appreciation for the magnitude of if.

I love nature shows too. I remember the original Cosmos series with Carl Sagan. The episodes always left me with a deep sense of awe.

I've always loved nature. All of it, on Earth and in the heavens. It's mind-boggling how it all fits and works together so well. How hydrogen and helium (and a tiny bit of lithium), coaxed by gravity, came to be the amazing multiplicity we now experience. Astounding!

Intellect can only take one so far. Beyond that it's wonderment, appreciation and gratitude.