View Single Post
Old 14-09-2018, 11:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
To take (apart!) just a couple of your 'arguments', daz:

One CAN be 'emotional' (feel sadness, etc.) and NOT cry, or in relation to some 'reasons' for sadness cry and in relation to other 'reasons' for sadness NOT cry.

You can also choose NOT to scratch your nose EVEN THOUGH you have a nose and have a finger. I personally choose to scratch my nose when I have an itch there, but that is not the point. I could also choose NOT to if I, for some 'reason', wanted NOT to.

Based on my above-stated 'observations', what you say here doesn't ring true to me. Just saying that the way I 'experience' what you are saying, it looks, sounds and walks like you do want to believe that you (and others) DON'T have 'free' will - for 'reasons' I can't decipher, tho maybe you can .

Strikes me there's nothing more to be gained by 'beating' this horse further, so, of my own 'free' will , I'm out o' here, daz.

The reason why one cries and another doesn’t will also be down to one’s make up by design .

If you were a peep that has learn’t to hold back the tears for whatever reason then you won’t cry ..

What is your conditioned make up?

Some entities / energies are not emotional .

There would be no choice to cry or not when upset .

Do you understand?

The environment / conditions have already been set / put in motion .

You don’t have the choice to drown in the ocean where there is no ocean .

You can only make choices based upon your surroundings / predicament / conditions .

The nose scratching analogy was illustrating that .

If you don’t want to scratch your nose then don’t scratch it, but you have the means too or not .

This is what I call entertaining an environment where you can carry out one’s will .

It’s limited to that isn’t it . That doesn’t illustrate free will it illustrates that you are able to do something that you are able to do .

Again for the record I am presenting one line of context regarding programming / mind-body limitations and so forth and as said all along I am pointing to the requirement for all facts to be at hand, for one’s awareness of the bigger picture to be present .

I could present a case for one having free will quite as easily ..

x daz x