View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 10:29 PM
Guide
Location: Beyond this illusion some where between Finding God and helping others
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
Treat others how they want to be treated. Don't treat others as you'd want to be treated because maybe other people don't like what you do.

Excuse me, let me clarify here, when i say do unto others, i do not mean, treat them exactly how you would want to be treated as in personal preference.
But rather as in an innate respect for their need to be an individual.
As a person, I would only know how to treat others, as i would want to be treated, and this is, respecting my personal boundaries, and interests.
I can not come across every being, and know exactly how they would like me to treat them.
But i can follow my own rules of boundaries, until a connection evolves an understanding of their nature, and their own requests.

We all want our "boundaries to be respected" no matter what they are.
So in this, I hold to, treat others how you would like to be treated.

I realize this is irrelevant to the thread.

But i was interested to see your response, and I feel what you are saying.

But again, I live only by my experience, so in general can only treat others with the same respect that I would want.
and this can vary from thing to thing for each individual, and I am aware of that.
All is subjective.