Thread: What Is God?
View Single Post
Old 16-05-2018, 04:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnIXght
Hello everyone,

Sorry for the oversimplified title, but I wanted to hopefully grab your attention.

So, I grew a pretty strict Christian due to the fact that my dad was a preacher; however, as I got a little older there was something within me that did not sit well with that religion. The one question that caused my break from Christianity was,

"How is it unconditional love if I am expected to believe in someone I've never met or I will suffer for all of eternity?" Is that not a condition?

Anyways, that left me to wonder what God actually is. Well, I always loved calling our creator Father, mainly because my dad was really not a great fatherly role so I daydreamed of what a great father would be like. But I have come to realize that the creator is so much more.

My best understanding is that he/she/it created all that is with a certain set of laws and then allowed it to evolve it's own consciousness. Is this an accurate assessment?

I understand we will all perceive God in our own ways, but I just wanted to hear other's take or experiences with the Creator
Hi there, I'd like to share a little in response. I approached Christianity in a way that I read and learned apart from others and the words of Jesus simply blew me away. I've since crossed over to other shores but I really value that time which lasted about 10 years.
I've experienced what I call God in many ways and I am wondering if you have also.
I don't really know what God is but I know there is something.
I find that God can be elusive so I've learned to see God in me. In doing so I also see the desire for God to be something I can relate to outside of me. That may just be wishful thinking though lol

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness