Thread: Past Lives.
View Single Post
Old 29-12-2012, 08:50 AM
Master

I've had regressions - a couple of regressions and a couple where someone has seen my past-life- a soul retrieval. In a past life, if you are wronged or do a wrong, you lose a part of your soul and so there is the opportunity to integrate.

I would be slightly wary of it all - to be honest. What I have learnt has been transformational and I think we will all find we have past lives where we think "horrible people were mean to me" and then there will be some where we really need to forgive ourselves.

I don't regret my experiences and I may well have more in the future, but for now, the present is the now and the lessons that were presented in past lives are re-presented again and again in this life.

I say be wary - the knowledge I have obtained has given rise to a compassion and understanding - like the horrible person in this life who is vile to me - well I killed him in a previous life. no wonder he has an issue with me. And past boyfriends - well who knows what I did to them for them to cheat / lie / manipulate.

With my father, who passed last June, there is a really sad unresolved element where he knew me in a previous life - I was his son and he wasn't able to protect me such that I died. My father in this life was expecting this son to emerge on my birth but as I was a female he didn't recognise me. Hence a cycle of disappointment and abuse opened up. I can't help but feel desperately sad for him, a lifetime of disappointment. It's not too late to heal that but I went through a terrific grief not so long ago when I was acutely aware of his pain as he realised who I was.

It's very easy to see ourselves as having the moral highground, as having the victim status, of others being wicked and us healing and learning. But the truth is, we are all on different stages of our healing journeys and it would not be possible for us to all experience the same element at the same time. And, all of us I'm sure have dark pasts, it is the other side of the coin of the light.

Look at your now with the humility - have you wronged your perpetrator of the now in a previous life? Chances are - yes. Those who make your flesh crawl - do you need to forgive them something from a past life? Perhaps yes.

Whilst I have details, I would say they are slightly immaterial as if you can look at yourself as being equally culpable in a dynamic that is about learning difficult lessons, then perhaps you can have a chance of forgiving the self and the other, and becoming free of the pattern. The details do help make it easy but do be sure to stay grounded in the now as it is very exciting to get caught in a whirlwind of being Cleopatra or something equally wild.

One way to get started is to sit quietly and ask the truth to come to you.