View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 07:42 PM
Master
Lightbulb

Hi CherryCherry ~ you've even picked an up-beat name for yourself here on SF - such a good thing. I have my own thoughts and opinions about 'depression' and everything else, so as the usual disclaimer goes, I'm not a medical professional, so my point of view on your question is not to be taken as professional advice, etc.

The word depression makes one ... depressed! It's one of the many overused words/diagnoses in this day and age. So, to me, just saying it makes one depressed.

With all the 'good' things you do to escape it, I was thinking as I was reading your first paragraph that you may be trying a little bit too hard to escape this scary monster 'dis-ease.' If I WERE you, I would knock off the Law of Attraction right off the top.

I am curious as to what does your meditation do for you? I've been reading about Buddhism and joined a Buddhist forum or two during the last couple of years, and from what I understand about Buddhism, it has helped me immensely especially to appropriately deal with my emotions (I lost my only son on Valentine's Day 2010). I came to realize my life has been one big emotional train running through my life, too.

I wouldn't drop the artwork or yoga ~ but all the rest are things most of us do anyway (watching funny stuff, being grateful, etc.). Maybe realize you are a decent person and let yourself be - iow don't take life so seriously, if you know what I'm getting at. Blessings to you, keep me posted how you're doing, okay.