View Single Post
Old 25-09-2012, 11:01 PM
Mathew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
I was just reading about an Indian woman sage-saint who though totally unschooled, could defeat well educated scholars ,in debate...with her intuitive understanding-knowledge of spiritual principles and sacred texts.

In fact many scholars consulted her, when aspects of sacred texts eluded their understanding.

This has no direct bearing.. yet, yes her loving humility allowed her access to
divine wisdom, while the egotistical scholars were limited to what they'd read.

I tend to agree ,massive knowledge makes acessing ones inner wisdom. perhaps more difficult, not so much (necessarily) due to ego, but a busy, analytical-cluttered mind.

A story about a saint illustrates this.
A learned scholar approached a saint and asked for illumination or wisdom,
I don't recall..... and the sage replied that his vast knowledge left no room for illunination, as his mind was full, and needed to be empty , to be filled with true-divine wisdom.

I took a workshop with Jean Houston long ago, a pioneer in consciousness research.... and she had us try spoon bending.
She confessed she couldn't do it, and found the university degreed participants had the least success, while those less intellectual, far more often succeeded.

No doubt ,children had the greatest success, as they had fewer limiting beliefs to overcome.

Yet Einstein , Tesla, while well educated , received inspiration that accounted for many-most of their discoveries.
Tesla said he received his inventions in an intuitive flash, complete with diagrams.
Einstein said imagination is far more important than knowledge ... something like that.

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand"

That was quite informative Henri77, thanks for sharing....,the analytical mind is driven by the ego as most of what humans think & do are....once the ego is tamed the analytical mind becomes quieter thus less disruptive.

Love
Mathew