View Single Post
Old 28-11-2017, 08:01 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centered
I often wonder what the point is, why exactly we are here on this plane of existence. If we come from an all knowing source, from the oneness, from an eternal with no end, then end up in this matrix of chaos that appears to be finite. What's the point?

For me, personally, based on various experiences in my life including one where I 'saw' that we humans already know all that is to be known - not unusual in mystical experiences - I think that 'God' is simply developing with us as part of this path we call evolution.

We, and everything else, all worlds, all flora and fauna, are part of the desire inherent in 'God's' self-discovery and are those parts exposed to experience. This experience for us is 'life'. And this thing we call God wants to experience everything and to this end all possible and yet-to-be life forms (as we call it/them) will come into being. In all possible worlds and maybe universes. And this will never end.

Even the smallest leaf on a tree is part of 'God's' experience. We'll see that the universe is filled with life of all kinds. We already see how another kind of life can be experienced when we look at our oceans and the creatures and plants growing under completely different circumstances form those we require and know. So it will be on other star systems and other galaxies. We, as we know, need oxygen to breath to live. It's not said that other life forms in the universe have to be on the same basis. We just cannot imagine anything other than what we know at the moment.

So, in order for everything to be experienced within the boundaries of whatever may be looked upon as the present time there are those things which exist within a given framework (the one we know of) which allow us as experiencing 'poles' and 'extensions' of 'God' to face all possible situations within this framework. These situations are formed of our own free will (part of 'God's' allowing freedom of action) and have nothing to do with learning or 'ascending' but are simply created by our choices. Choices which are not punishable and not rewarding. The fallacies of the existence of good and bad and other opposites are of our own making - as are many other things which we have had to develop to protect ourselves from the vagaries of life. After all we no longer live in caves and fight tigers with our bare hands. We have roofs, and walls, bread and wine, heating and health systems.

Each of us is in his or her own way the centre of the universe. When we sleep the universe is no longer there. It'll be the same for dogs and cats - while they live and breath they are the centres of their own universes. Why they are dogs and cats and we are human beings is something we have no chance of knowing for the next million years - a great problem in my ponderings. But this million years will go by and 'God's' knowledge of what is will be a teeny bit larger. (if I may put it like that!)