View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 07:11 PM
sarinmall

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
Of these 3 links you give, 2 of them refer to the same man who underwent a profound religious experience at the age of 11. As such this is not exactly a basis for a generalisation of what can be achieved through yoga and mediation, as you mention.

The 3rd link - on sun gazing - says it does not advocate giving up eating.

Well amy...The links which i provided are verified examples of peoples who have developed the art of living without eating food or eating insignificant amount of food..And if you see the BBC documentary, person states he has developed this art through daily meditation. I have only given verified examples. In India, you will hear many person claiming of achieving the same through yoga but not documented or confirmed by doctors and all are pretty controversial. So, i did not mention those plus i did not took examples from ancient religious scriptures since it cannot be verified and you may find hard believing it...There is a yoga Asana to reduce your metabolism level...You can consult local yoga guru for the same or you can read "The Science of Yoga" by Willam Broad or "Slow Metabolism"
By Rachel G. Horn or you wait for my detailed article on that Asana...Developing the art of sun gazing or not eating is very difficult and dangerous to life... So, it is not advocated... Thanks