View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandybytheSea
I
The above also applies to Chrysaetos' post that people would hardly be enthusiastic about incarnating as deaf or incurable. Why not? Our mission on earth is not to get rich, it's not even necessarily to be happy (although that's always a choice we have and rarely a choice we embrace) but it's to learn and to help others learn. My mother has been disabled for over 20 years, and I have been her full-time sole carer during those years. I can't begin to tell you how much I have learned in that time - lessons I would never have learnt without her volunteering to assume that role. For a start, I've learnt compassion, tolerance, the joy of giving. She has also learnt much, including patience, acceptance, and faith. We've both learnt the ability to remain joyous and loving throughout difficult and challenging circumstances. How do we learn such lessons when we have plenty of money and a comfortable life?
Sandy,

Life is beautiful, but that's not a reason to stop questioning it.
Of course we learn, but whether that is a goal by itself remains to be seen. You also say we need to experience all aspects, which is belief. We know we experience duality in this world, and then we create theories about it, to make sense of it. A universe that needs 'positive' and 'negative' is based on our own earthly experience.