View Single Post
Old 24-05-2019, 10:24 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues235
Hello friends : I made a similar thread about Buddhism , but here I`m asking about Lao Tzu philosophy :

1- Is there a God in Taoism ? or can we consider the Tao as a God since every thing came from the Tao ?

2- What is the Ethical reference in Taoism ?

3- I there a certain way to meditate ?

4- What is there after death ?

Hope to hear from you ...

Taoism is a bit of a different animal.
The Tao Te Ching starts out by warning that anything you say or think about the Tao is not the true Tao. Much of the book then seems rather strange and obtuse. While I can't say I understand everything that is in the book, I can say that most of what I feel I do grasp is not something I can put into words. So, any answers to your above questions are to some extent going to necessarily be off. The text is very indirect and I suppose necessarily so as it seems to seek to convey what cannot be conveyed in words or held in thought. All I can say is each time I read it I feel I understand it a bit better, but perhaps it is just me slipping slowly into insanity. Who knows? Finally, there is Taoism the religion and the philosophy (for lack of a better word) of the Tao and depending on who you ask they may not be the same thing.

http://daily-tao.blogspot.com/2011/12/verse-1.html