View Single Post
Old 17-09-2015, 05:11 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoAngel
I usually try to ap in my room but in a different position than I normally would sleep.. I've also tried it on the floor and also tried doing it while propped up.I

I just keep falling asleep. or else I end up awake trying to concentrate.

I can lay down completely relaxed but then I get that urge to move or roll over.
I am very much like you. I get the urge to roll over and go to sleep. I have been trying not to roll over for many months. I have got a lot better but I still roll over. After a while I forget about ap and I roll over. I now finally gave up. This is what I do. I mediate every afternoon on my back on my bed. By mediating it helps not to be tired later on. It does not replace sleep but it makes ap easier. Before I go to sleep I go into another room and I try to ap. The other night I did ap. I felt really happy. If I had a big day and I feel tired I do not try to ap. I just go to sleep. To be able to ap you must know that you will succeed if you do not do that you will likely be lying there for hours and nothing happening. Of course, there is no guarantee. You could try to ap away from your bedroom. Being in the bedroom it is too easy to turn over and go to sleep. You have to concentrate and know your ap signs. If you loose concentration and switch off you are likely to fall asleep. It happens to me. Sometimes your mind changes and you start seeing things. You have to be aware that you are seeing things otherwise you will fall asleep. Sometimes I get up early in the morning and I lie down on the floor in another room. I lie in a comfortable position as it is not that comfortable on the floor. I lie on a very thin mattress. I still have to concentrate otherwise I fall asleep. A lot of times I do ap. Sometimes I fall asleep but I try again and I mostly succeed.